This week, I learned the process of proving false statements and wrote my first term test. Beginning with proving false statements, it is equivalent to disproving a statement. In other words, proving that something is false is simply proving its negation. Once I found out that disproving a statement is the same as proving its negation, it became very easy to understand. The rest of the lecture was mainly on proving a statement with cases. I somewhat understand the process of proving with cases, but I need to refer to the course notes to fully understand the process.
As with the term test, I have mixed feelings because there were a few questions that were a little hard to comprehend. The first part of the test was what I expected, but it became more difficult as I progressed through each question. Overall, I should have done better if I spent more time on the course notes rather than the lecture slides. Hopefully, this is a signal for me to spend more time on the course notes for the next term test.
No comments:
Post a Comment