This week, I learned how to prove an existential claim as well as a sequence. Proving an existential claim very similar to proving a universal statement, except there are a few changes to the wording. As for a sequence, it is nearly identical to the proof of an existential claim. As a result, I was able to understand it quickly with no hesitation. The last part of the lecture was about the use of contradiction; it was sort of confusing at first, but once I read the notes over and over, it became clearer. Proving the contradiction of a claim shows that the contradiction is false, thus, making the original statement true.
On the other hand, I wrote my first term test of the year! It was a little jarring at first, but I was able to complete all the questions within the 50 minute period. However, I realized that the test was very similar to the test test that was posted a few days ago. I felt very upset because I did not spend enough time with the sample test; I simply skimmed through the paper; I focused most of my studying on the course notes. Hopefully, the mark I receive on this test is somewhere in the 60-80% range.
No comments:
Post a Comment