There are a few things I found interesting on this week's course material. Transitivity is simply a relation between multiple cases. For instance, if driving a sports car implies driving fast and driving above the speed limit implies aggressive driving behavior, then driving a sports car implies driving aggressively. Multiple implications lead to a single conclusion, such as the example mentioned here. A few slides down, there were a few statements that were interpreted with a graph, but it did not seem clear in my eyes. I know Professor Heap said something like "if the enemy goes first, then it is possible", but I need to re-read the lecture slides as well as the course notes to improve my understanding of this concept.
Throughout the rest of Friday's lecture, Professor Heap introduced proofs. I am not entirely excited about this because I sometimes struggle with proofs, which seem frustrating and a waste of time. Nonetheless, proofs is something I must master because it is a vital component in computer science. This introduction mainly focuses on the outline of a proof, which to me is fairly understandable.
The first test of this course is to be held on Wednesday, October 4 and it will cover chapters 1 & 2. I plan to spend at least one day solely on preparing for it because it is worth a large portion of the course. Hopefully, doing well on this test sets the stage for doing well on my other courses.
No comments:
Post a Comment