I was very disappointed when I discovered my mediocre result on the CDF website. My initial reaction was frustration and anger. Upon that, I knew I had to change the way I study the material. I have noticed that I mainly memorize the processes with solving the problems. Now I know that I need to actually practice completing problems such as the ones from the course site. Hopefully, more practice translates to a higher mark on the examination.
In regards to this week's course content, I learned the process of proving Big Oh and Big Omega. Professor Heap mentioned Calculus a few times and he suggests using it for solving these proofs. All the calculus-based techniques are already familiar, so, I should have no problem with understanding the processes. The
statement associated with Big Omega is very similar; in fact, it is nearly identical to the Big Oh statement, but the only difference is instead of f(n) being less than or equal to "c times g(n)", f(n) is greater than or equal to "c times g(n)". So, I became a little more confident since the process of proving Big Omega is similar to Big Oh.
I think the result from Test 2 threw my focus off course because it was much worse than what I anticipate. Like I said, it is time to increase study time by solving practice problems from the course site.
No comments:
Post a Comment