Thursday, 18 September 2014

Week 1: Rough, but Manageable

     During the first several days of classes, I focused mainly on travelling to them rather than the content itself, and CSC165 is no exception. In fact, this is the only class where I feel lost in the echo. The content from week 1 appeared to be simple and concise, but I realized that this course requires maximum precision. As with any course, one must review and study the content on a daily basis. I have been too focused on my other courses, particularly SOC101 and ENV100. Despite my lack of prioritization for this course, there were a few things I found interesting to me. The course began with questions that ask whether CSC165 is the right course; one of them was "Do you memorize math?" I immediately knew that CSC165 perfectly matched my needs because I have a strong background in mathematics and this is mainly due to my reliable memory. However, my memory is far from perfect and I am no math wizard.
     Overall, this first week was hectic and it felt stressful. Now that I established my routine for the semester, I can now focus strictly on my studying time. There is one thing that may interfere with my studying is laziness. We all had some moment where we "chose" to be lazy and that is totally fine, but once it controls your life, it becomes a never-ending cycle. Hopefully, I start out fresh next week with a desire to learn.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment